Oh, conferences. They wreck me, inspire me and challenge me. It’s always an interesting mash up of emotions as I come face to face with my thoughts, hopes and dreams. I never really know what to expect and I never really know what will happen. For the Influence Conference, I had even less of an idea what to expect. I knew the conference was about blogging and social media. I knew it was about having, well, influence in your world. I knew it was a Christian-based conference. That’s about it.
My introverted nature was grateful that my sweet friend Amy was at the conference with me. As much as I am uncomfortable in social situations, I do a ton better knowing and being comfortable with a friend. I’m not going to give you a play-by-play rundown of the conference. (Although I’m more than happy to talk about it if you want to know more!)
Just as the conference was really getting started, I got the above text from Lindsay. It spoke to me and gave me exactly the push I needed to open myself up to the experience of the weekend. And, oh what an experience. Here are some of the things I will be unpacking via my blog for the next several days/weeks:
- what does vulnerability really mean?
- why blog? why doe it matter to me?
- who am I online – how do I present myself and how am I in real life?
- what does it mean to be a woman in the 21st century?
- what are my dreams? Why don’t I follow them?
- what does community mean to me?
- how easy is it to change the world, really?
Come explore with me. I’m excited about what’s to come.