Looking back, I realize I haven’t blogged in a long time. I wish there were some really amazing, profound reason for that. But, there isn’t. The reality is that there are several excuses I could give you:
- I have so much to say I don’t know where to begin.
- I have nothing to say that matters to anyone but me, so why bother?
- Every blog I read is full of profound thought and witty observations. I have neither right now.
- I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had time to sit down and blog.
- I sit in front of the computer all day at work and don’t want to look at the screen when I get home.
- I’m lazy.
- I’ve been watching a lot of Doctor Who in my free time. Priorities, people.
For the most part, those are all excuses that I’ve given myself over the last few weeks. The truth, though, is much simpler.
There are other things I would rather do sometimes.
I can always make time to blog; i sit in front of a computer all the time, but it doesn’t bother me. I have actual ideas and thoughts that I want to share with the world, even if they’re not deep or profound to anyone but me. I can be lazy, but honestly…how hard is it to type? The truth is, though, I’ve been hanging out with friends. I’ve been hanging out with my husband. I’ve been reading. I’ve been working. I’ve been losing myself in thoughts. I’ve been doing things I enjoy. That’s not to say that I don’t enjoy blogging, but it just wasn’t the most important thing for the last few weeks. Today, though, I’m feeling ready to blog again and to share my thoughts with the world. So, prepare yourselves….